IMPORTANT: We are only accepting 2022 homestead applications online at this time. This is for anyone who purchased after January 1st, 2021.
If you purchased prior to January 1, 2021 and need to file for 2021 please visit one of our four locations or contact our office for assistance. The March 1 st deadline has passed so additional documents are required for the 2021 tax year.
Before continuing to the application and creating an account, please have the following documentation ready.
Each applicant must provide a Social Security Number. In addition, two of the
following proofs of residency, one of which must be a Florida Driver's License
(showing the current address).
- Vehicle registration
- Voter registration (showing the current address)
- Declaration of Domicile (if you do not have a second form of ID. Must be recorded at the Clerk’s Office prior to submission)
- For each non-citizen applicant, a permanent resident card (green card) must be provided.
In addition to the above, each applicant may also need to furnish the following:
- Applicant's Date of Birth
- Spouse's Social Security Number (if applicable)
- Date moved into property
- Date moved to Florida
- Phone number
- Employer Name
- Address provided on last Federal Income Tax Return
- Applicant's previous address (if out of state address, please provide letter stating no exemptions)
- If previous property is in Florida and you claimed homestead within the last three years list date moved, sold, etc…
- Any other exemption documents as applicable (further instructions provided)
DISCLAIMER - By submitting this application you will be attesting that the information contained thereon is true and you intend to apply for homestead exemption on this property. You understand by proceeding with this application that your information can and will be verified electronically with other state and federal agencies.