Forms on this page require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view. If you do not have Adobe Reader already installed on your computer, click the Adobe logo below to download.
Homestead Filing Online
IMPORTANT: We are only accepting 2024 homestead applications online at this time. This is for anyone who purchased after January 1st, 2023.
If you need to file a 2023 Late File Homestead Application, you will need to visit one of our four locations.
- 123 W. Indiana Avenue, Room 102, DeLand, Florida 32720 - (386) 736-5901
- 921 N. Nova Rd, Holly Hill, Florida 32117 - (386) 254-4601
- 124 N. Riverside Dr., New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168 - (386) 423-3315
- 2742- A Enterprise Rd., Orange City, Florida 32763 - (386) 775-5257
Please note, there is a delay between the time a deed is recorded and the time the Property Appraiser's Office receives a deed to update ownership records.
Before continuing to the application and creating an account, please have the following documentation ready.
showing the current address and required to upload).
Each applicant must provide a Social Security Number. In addition, two of the
following proofs of residency, one of which must be a Florida Driver's License or Florida ID
- Vehicle registration
- Voter registration (must be provided if registered and it must show the current address)
- Declaration of Domicile (if you do not have a second form of ID. Must be recorded at the Clerk’s Office prior to submission)
- For each non-citizen applicant, a permanent resident card (green card) must be provided.
In addition to the above, each applicant may also need to furnish the following:
- Applicant's Date of Birth
- Spouse's Social Security Number (if applicable)
- Date moved into property
- Date moved to Florida
- Phone number
- Employer Name
- Address provided on last Federal Income Tax Return
- Applicant's previous address (if out of state address, please provide letter stating no exemptions)
- If previous property is in Florida and you claimed homestead within the last three years list date moved, sold, etc…
- Any other exemption documents as applicable (further instructions provided)
DISCLAIMER - By submitting this application you will be attesting that the information contained thereon is true and you intend to apply for homestead exemption on this property. You understand by proceeding with this application that your information can and will be verified electronically with other state and federal agencies.